Church and State Wines
You guysssss. I just had the most wonderful venue visit to Church and State Wines this past week. Oh my goodness is the space, the view, the food, and the staff absolutely incredible.
I’m all about neutral spaces and natural light. Natural light is part of the reason I love outdoor weddings so much. In this case, you get all of the natural light without the uncertainty of being outside and what cards Mother Nature might deal you.
Can we talk about the food for a second? It’s extraordinary. Executive Chef, Desiree Perrin is not only super talented but extremely lovely as well.
All I can say about our visit is wow. They went over and beyond in hospitality for us, which is exactly the kind of service I look for for my clients. This venue is a must-see!
Pssst. Grab my FREE venue spreadsheet 👈 for Victoria and Surrounding area’s best wedding venues. It’s the actual spreadsheet I use to keep track of my favourite venues and stats.
Here are the quick facts:
There are two reception spaces at Church and State Wines. One of them is the main tasting and bistro area (filled with all the natural light AND an open kitchen concept) as well as the cellar space for more intimate, candle-lit affairs. The main reception space seats 200 people. The cellar seats 80-90.
I didn’t actually catch any video in the cellar, due to the dim lighting, but if you’re interested in the space, you should definitely go check it out.
On-site ceremony space?
Yes! There are two incredible outdoor ceremony spaces (that can seat something up to 900 people!). You can also use the cellar as the backup ceremony location if you run into inclement weather. Of course, you wouldn’t be able to seat 900 people in there 😉
The current site fee (as of 2019) begins at:
In season $5000 (May-September)
The fee includes:
- Rental from 4pm- Midnight
- Bridal suite to get ready in (access to room at 11am)
- Ceremony fee included
- Ceremony arch
- Tables, chairs, glassware, flatware & plating (for up to 165 ppl)
- Use of the building and grounds for photos
Average menu price per person:
The menus begin at $25 per person and go up to around $45.
Alcohol is based on consumption. They will give you an estimate and then track what is actually served. A good estimation is around $40 pp.
There is a $10 000 minimum food and beverage spend during peak season. This is not hard to meet if you’re spending $85 pp x 120 ppl or if you have 100 people and you also have a cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres.
The minimum spend in the off-season is $6500.
Availability for 2019 & 2020?
2019 is pretty booked up, but if you are interested, give them a shout to check your preferred date.
2020 Still some dates available.
- Incredible views.
- Indoor space that features floor to ceiling windows overlooking the vineyard.
- An amazing balcony your guests can use.
- Space that can accommodate up to 200 people.
- Incredible food and custom designed menus by the Chef.
- The ceremony & reception on-site so no travel for guests in between events.
- Flexible to work with. No hard rules for set up times, making it a space vendors look forward to working at!
- Amazing staff.
- Access to bridal suite at 11am (which can also turn into a babysitting room).
- The wine. It’s fab.
- Because it is a working winery, the tasting bar is still open while your wedding ceremony is taking place. So while it’s not 100 % private, the tasting bar is inside and both ceremony locations are far enough away from the main building to give you your privacy.
If you’re looking for someone to help bring your wedding to life, send me an email and we can chat about how I can help.
Pin me for later!
Many of the products in my blog posts are either sponsored products or affiliate links. While I do receive a commission off of any sales, the price will always be the same for you.