Sea Cider Farm and Cider House
Let me declare, I love Sea Cider Farm and Ciderhouse! Sea Cider is such a stunning property and is definitely one of Victoria’s best wedding venues. The cider house itself is incredible, but then you see the view. Standing from the balcony of the cider house, you overlook their orchard full of so many varieties of apple and fruit trees. Beyond that, is the ocean. I mean c’mon!
Just a short walk to the side of the cider house is the ceremony space. The perfect nestled-in little area. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by the most amazing tall, green-as-can-be trees. Stunning doesn’t even describe it. You can leave the space bare or fill it with florals and hanging lights.
If you’re looking for a boho, relaxed but elegant venue in the Victoria area, look no further.
Pssst. Grab my FREE venue spreadsheet ? for Victoria and Surrounding area’s best wedding venues. It’s the actual spreadsheet I use to keep track of my favourite venues and stats.
Here are the quick facts:
The Wedding Tent at Sea Cider Farm and Cider House can accommodate 120 guests seated or 150 for a standing wedding reception.
If you wanted to use the inside space they can accommodate 60 guests seated or 80 for a standing wedding reception.
On-site ceremony space?
Sea Cider has the most beautiful ceremony space in the woods. With just a short walk it feels like you’ve walked deep into the middle of the woods for a private, boho wedding ceremony.
The current site fee (as of 2019) begins at $3200 and goes up to $6900 + GST. The fee is calculated based on the individual needs of each couple, the season, etc and will go up based on number of guests, staff needed, cider included etc.
The fee includes the rental of the ciderhouse, the tent, tables, chairs, bridal suite, non-alcoholic beverages.
Average menu price per person:
Sea Cider works with 4 amazing caterers you can choose from. Food For Thought Catering, The London Chef, Toque and Truffles Catering. Plated dinners begin around $50 per person.
Cider is included in the venue fee.
Wine and Beer can be brought in under a Special Event Permit. The cost would solely depend on what you bring in.
Currently on Sundays and in the winter.
Availability for 2019 & 2020?
2019 Most date Feb -April available. May through July Fridays and a few Saturdays available. August- only Fridays. September Fridays and Sundays only. October – December most dates open.
2020 Plenty of availability
- Tent, tables and chairs are included in the fee.
- The view. Orchards, Ocean, Forest. Does it get better?
- The cider (which is included!). Enough said.
- Ability to choose your caterer and flexibility in the food package you choose.
- The on-site bridal suite.
- All-in-one wedding location. Ability to have the ceremony, your photos and the reception in one place.
- Over-night parking is allowed.
- Renovations happening to build a permanent structure to house all events and weddings. (This is SO exciting for us).
- Because of the renovations, the tent will be moved to a new location. The may be construction messes to worry about during this time. With that being said, Sea Cider is doing everything they can to make the transition flow as smoothly as possible and make the temporary changes as unnoticeable as possible.
Pin me for later! ?
Many of the products in my blog posts are either sponsored products or affiliate links. While I do receive a commission off of any sales, the price will always be the same for you.